Tuesday, May 08, 2012

what's in the purse?

alright, ladies.  it's time to get vulnerable.  what's in the purse?  i was grabbing something out of my purse in front of a bunch of ladies tonight and felt embarrassed.  it's a disaster.  i pride myself in carrying a large purse, but it's out of control.  so, let's get vulnerable.  here's what i have been carrying around:
  • iphone
  • my franklincovey planner {my life in a book}
  • coupon booklet {kind of like the entertainment books, but this one is designed solely for the local area...one of the best $20 i've ever spent}
  • over-sized wallet
  • travel-size bottle of bath & body works {dark kiss} lotion
  • pair of sunglasses {i'm actually shocked that i only pulled out one pair.  most days, i could easily pull out two or three}
  • external hard drive {because i'm terrified of being separated from my entire collection of memories...pictures}
  • travel-size bottle of victoria's secret {the body mist} spray
  • camera and camera case
  • camera cord
  • pack of eclipse {winterfrost} gum
  • my extra set of keys {house and car on LU key chain}
  • pens {four}
  • empty bottle of advil {i should probably fill that up}
  • small coin pouch used for those concealed woman items
  • plenty of concealed woman items
  • main set of keys
  • eye shadow brush
  • lip gloss {three}
  • cookie from lunch today {in a package!  thanks jenn for the dessert!}
  • hair clips {four...and i wonder why i can't find them in the morning when i'm getting ready?!?}
  • chapstick {two}
  • ring
  • handful of bobby pins
  • hair tie {two}
  • mary kay card for free facial {which i reluctantly took from the lady after i tried to escape three times...not a fan of sales people}
  • small flyer for a random event downtown involving dj kool {my friends know how gangsta i really am and thought i'd be interested}
  • a fortune from a fortune cookie {take a loved one to a movie tonight...still didn't happen}
  • coupon for victoria's secret
  • belk coupon for a dress i just bought this weekend for a friend's wedding {thanks jenn for finding that fabulous dress on the rack for me!}
  • camera charger {because you never know when that battery may need charged...can't miss a memory}
  • pack of react2 gum {yes, another pack of gum}
  • band-aids
  • theater ticket for liberty's latest performance {peter pan...phenomenal}
  • a stick of the black eye stuff for baseball {what can i say?  kristi and i are hard core about our home run derby performance}
  • nail clippers
  • pencil
  • earring
  • a sock {really?!?!?! actually i know why it is in there.  i carried a load of laundry upstairs one evening.  when i came down, i saw a sock got left behind, but of course that's when people were walking in the door, so i snatched it up quick and threw it in my purse.}
  • $3.97 in loose change {doesn't count the large mass of change in my over-sized wallet.  i generally don't believe in using change to make purchases...unless it's a $1 sweet tea from mcdonald's}
well, there you have it.  yikes.  i told you it was a disaster.  things that i was surprised not to find in there, that i usually carry:  umbrella and a book (or my kindle).

now...what do the contents of your purse look like?  is there any comparison?  are there items that i should consider carrying that weren't included?  of course, i should probably clear some of these items out before i throw in some new ones!  how much do the items in our purse define us?  i may need to do some serious evaluation of my life...

and shout out to ashley for the purse i'm carrying.  thanks again for my christmas present that i'm still carrying!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. haha love it - I have a friend who carries around her cell phone, her house and car key, her licence, and her credit card. That's it. I see it and I wonder if I could ever do that, it looks so simplistic but that's her style. I always wonder what she would do if she needed a tissue or chapstick any of the other million things that I feel I HAVE to have with me at all times for 'just in case'... but she makes it work, I guess it's not for everyone though, me included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. goodness! i don't think i could ever manage with just those simple items. ;)

      Delete