Sunday, May 13, 2012

for me to know you

i know i have posted a couple of kari jobe songs already, but her lyrics are just beautiful. 

this morning at church we sang your grace is enough, which already had my heart whispering.  it is hard to sing that song and not find myself desperately in need of forgiveness.  how often i turn to other people or to the next best achievement, trying to find enough, whatever that may be.  why do i not allow god to simply be enough?  because he is.  he simply is enough.

then we were led into this song and i was reminded once again that he truly is enough.

{you never change, you are the god you say you arewhen i'm afraid you calm and still my beating heart.  you stay the same, when hope is just a distant thought.  you take my pain.  and you lead me to the cross.  what love is this, that you gave your life for me.  and made a way for me to know you.  and i confess you're always enough for me.  you're all i need.  i look to you.  i see the scars upon your hands.  and hold the truth that when i can't you always can.  i'm standing beneath the shadow of the cross.  i'm overwhelmed that i keep finding open arms.  jesus in your suffering you were reaching.  you thought of me.}

No comments:

Post a Comment