Thursday, May 24, 2012

stanley lives again

flat stanley always has a story to tell.  well...my nephew, skylar,mailed me his flat stanley a few months ago and i have been sending it around the country to a few of my friends {love having friends all over...makes for great traveling excuses!}.  long story short, after all of stanley's travels, i accidentally threw him away about two weeks ago.  i was so distraught when i realized what i had done.  i cried.  over a paper doll.  i volunteered myself for the "worst aunt ever award." 

i immediately went into parent mode, similar to the parent who tries to replace the dead pet before the child ever notices.  some of my coworkers helped me too.  since one of stanley's pictures was taken with a license plate, i blew the picture up on my computer (matching the size ratio to an actual license plate someone had at the office), traced stanley, colored him (i even had a color palette as we tried to find the right colors), and then had him laminated. 



so...he's ready to go...he lives again!


now, i'll be honest, even though i did my best to make him look as close to the original as possible and even wrote skylar's name on the back with my left-hand so that it would look similar to a kid's handwriting, i think skylar is too smart to be fooled.  hopefully the fact that i'm surprising skylar at disney with stanley will be enough of a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment