Thursday, August 02, 2012

just laugh

sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.  i had one of those moments last night at the gym.  seriously.  embarrassing.  i would compare it to the moment when you find yourself walking around in a parking lot because you have no idea where you parked your car.  yeah, it was something like that.

i got off the machine and walked to the back of the gym to get a towel to wipe down my machine.  i walked back to the stationary bike, where i thought i had been. 

my stuff wasn't there.  my next thought:  right, i was on the treadmill.  oops.

walk back to the back row of treadmills where i usually run.

my stuff wasn't there.  panic moment.  where is my stuff?  where was i just running?  why can't i remember where i just was fifteen seconds ago?

face is turning red by this point.  take a sip of water from the water foundation while casually browsing the line of machines trying to find my stuff.  has anyone noticed that i'm a little, lost child yet?  cause that's how i felt.  only i'm an adult, so i was more embarrassed than scared.  surely, my stuff had to be here somewhere, but why can't i find it?  is this some joke?  scan the treadmills again, again.  BINGO! 

casually walk back to my machine.  step up to wipe the machine down as the guy beside me looks at me as if i'm crazy.  guess he saw me walk by a couple of times trying to find where i belonged.  embarrassing.

in the end, this proves i'm a routine girl.  lesson learned - don't change where you run.  but what if that new spot gives me a better view of the tv screen displaying the olympics?!?!  worth the embarrassing moment.  worth it every time.

1 comment:

  1. positive side... you got in a little extra exercise looking for your machine ;)

    ReplyDelete