Friday, April 13, 2012

g-ma and back pockets

just got off the phone with g-ma (aka grandmom ford).  she always has the funniest comments.  she makes me smile.  i know she wants me to have a guy who loves me and takes care of me, but she always wants me to have my freedom and single-life, too. 

one time she told me that i needed to stay single so i could play the field.

one time (when she worked at the bank) she told me that a cute guy came through and thought, "he would be great for miranda."  then she looked at his bank account and though, "he would not be great for miranda."

one time (right before the royal wedding last year), this was our conversation:  grandma:  "miranda, have you seen kate middleton."  me:  "yes."  grandma:  "don't you think you look like her?  here's the plan:  poppop is going to fly over with you, kidnap kate, and you'll walk down the aisle.  no one will ever know the difference."

today, in talking to her about my friends' wedding tomorrow, she said, "make sure you check out the left hands of all the guys, but more importantly, check out their back pockets."

she wants me married.  one of my fears is that she will not be here on my wedding day.  praying for health and longevity.

love her.

1 comment: