Wednesday, February 08, 2012

i shall say that life is good

sitting on my desk is one of those little quote-a-day calendars.  i am terrible about actually flipping it each day, so i was sitting here flipping through, reading, and bringing the calendar to february 8.  loved the quote from helen keller listed on february 7:

"when i recollect the treasure of friendship that has been bestowed upon me, i withdraw all charges against life.  if much has been denied me, much, very much has been given me.  so long as the memory of certain friends lives in my heart, i shall say that life is good."

how beautiful!  while there are certainly some areas in life (one, very large area of my life, in particular) that i would love to see changed, i am reminded of the many blessings of friendships that have truly been bestowed upon me.  i wholeheartedly believe that the treasured friendships that are in my life are confirmation that god intends for us to be loved and to enjoy life.  for those reasons, i have no charge.  i have accumulated many memories with my friends, especially those from liberty, that i will hold dear for a very long time.  i have been fortunate to travel and explore with those friends.  i have learned from each of them and grown in little ways from their investments in my life.  i am challenged by them, i am encouraged by them, and i am loved by them.

me?  i am a happy girl.  because, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment