Monday, February 06, 2012

dirt-throwing fella

a coworker shared this fun, little story with me the other day.  she had a dream about me meeting the boy and it made me laugh.  so here is the retelling of the dream...

this guy and i meet on christianmingle.com.  don't get your hopes up, it can't actually happen because i'm not on christianmingle.com {though grandma has threatened to put me on one of those dating sites, as she referred to them, and has even tried to convince my cousins to help her cause she has NO idea how to navigate the internet}, so it's strictly a dream.  anyway, so after some time of talking and getting to know each other, we realize we grew up together in elementary school.  he confesses to have always liked me, to the extent of throwing dirt at me...because, of course, that is what elementary school boys do to show that they like a girl.

so she asks, "was there a boy that threw dirt at you at recess?"  my response, "well, no, that never happened.  everyone liked me."  [[slight side note:  sound conceited?  perhaps.  but it did make me realize how fortunate i was growing up.  i was never bullied and never disliked (at least to my face!).  thankful for an enjoyable childhood and school experience.  don't be fooled, i was never the most popular girl, but i got along with everyone!]]

but now that coworker asks me each day, "did you remember who threw dirt at you yet!?!?"  the answer is, "no."  her response, "maybe there was a boy who wanted  to throw dirt at you?  or maybe there is someone today that wants to throw dirt at you, in a very elementary school boy sort of way?!?!"

there's always hope...there's always hope.  so dear friends, please be on the lookout for that single, attractive dirt-throwing fella...and send him my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment