Thursday, March 28, 2013

golden birthday

learned something new this week.  golden birthdays - they exist.  who knew?  apparently lots of people, but not this birthday girl.  shout out to the roommate for enlightening me.  i particularly enjoy this little clip from urban dictionary:  "the ‘golden birthday’ is the day where a human being turns the same age as the date to which they were born. all humans will experience this day, whether it be when they are one years old or 31 years old; that is to say, except for a select few individuals born on the leap year – sadly, these humans will never experience the goldenness of such a day and are forced to live out their lives in anguish and despair."

yesterday i celebrated twenty-seven years of life.  twenty-seven on twenty-seven = golden birthday.  pure goldenness.

the birthday wishes trail started with a "happy birthday eve" the night before and continued with the all-loving social media birthday shout outs all day long.  some of my favorite birthday moments are listening to my nephews and niece sing their personal versions of happy birthday.  precious.  those moments get even better when you get to watch sweet daniellah, wearing a "how awesome is my auntie" shirt, sing over facetime.

the birthday wishes go hand-in-hand with birthday meals, obviously.  my carpool buddy treated me to a chickfila breakfast with a large sweet tea, light ice (we have it down to a science, for reals).  lunch was enjoyed with a handful of friends, my everyday lunch buddies (remember where we wrote a lunch song together here?), at arosto fire roasted pizza.  dinner was served at isabella's with about a dozen of my friends (you may remember us celebrating new year's eve there, too!).  so blessed, so very, very blessed.

of course, no birthday is complete without cake (and a delicious cannoli!).  kristi baked a yummo, red velvet cake...homemade.  the chick has great rescue the cake from near destruction skills, apparently.  #whatsbroken?!?!  but seriously, well done!  and it's all about the details, too.  for example:  gold plates and gold candles.  get it?  it was my golden birthday... 

and please enjoy my birthday flowers with me.  purple.  my friends know me so well.  the tulips are certainly brightening up my office, while i'm enjoying the others at home!  i think when i have a big girl home with a big girl table, i will want fresh flowers on it every day!

when i think of flowers, i do not have a favorite that comes to mind.  i like gerby daises and i like tulips, but i am not entirely certain i could identify one or the other as favorite.  task for this year:  identify a favorite flower...maybe.  good thing i now have a florist friend, natasha (aka nay nay).  i'm sure she can help me narrow the selections down.

special thank you to all of my dear friends and family for making my birthday so golden.  be blessed, my friends! 


p.s., friends.  i have a birthday wish for next year...can we please get better about taking more/better group pictures.  thank you.  love you, though!



No comments:

Post a Comment