Tuesday, January 29, 2013

life is good.

my darling roommate and i have discussed a few times already this week (and yes, it's only tuesday!) how much of an enjoyable weekend we had this past weekend.  have you experienced those moments in your life where you think, life is good?!?!  both of us had the opportunity to simply soak in quality time with friends, which if i haven't mentioned it before, we have an AWESOME COMMUNITY OF FRIENDS.  bam.  you know i mean business when i use capital letters.

i think this weekend of joy and refreshment really allowed me to head into the week with a heart of peace and a calm spirit, despite some up and down updates of how my uncle is progressing from his surgery last week.  friends, long story short, he had almost 70% of his liver removed for what they believed to be cancer.  he is now experiencing some side effects, which have the potential to be rather harmful to his body.  please be praying for him --for continued growth of his liver and liver functions, for the lord to protect his brain from some of the harmful side effects, and for peace, endurance, and rest for my aunt and cousins.

thank you again for your prayers and allowing me to side track with that prayer request.  now back to my initial intent of the post.  (this is why i'm not a paid writer.  i have no flow with my writing.  ironically, i teach a writing class.  sorry, students.)

with my mind in a calm spirit, i feel as though i have really been able to focus on the lord and his teachings in various areas of my life and wanted to share some of those lessons with you.  consider this a slight introduction to my next post, which seems to deserve its own entry.  coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment