Thursday, July 19, 2012

i workout

i was going to wait until this became more of a definitive routine, but then i decided to give in and just share.  i joined the gym.  just over a month ago.  as i implied, i do not have a solid routine or schedule at all yet, especially with being in and out of town.  but i am getting myself to the gym.  and that is a big step for this girl.  i decided on planet fitness because it fits my schedule.  open 24/7, so i can go late at night when all my friends have called it a night and i can't sleep. 

right now, my actual gym routine though is really complicated, really.  i mean the gym buffs probably couldn't even keep up with me.  okay, maybe i lie.  i'm too embarrassed to ask for help figuring out those contraptions they call weight machines.  so, for now, i'm sticking to the treadmill and the bike mostly.  i run/walk on the treadmill for about a mile-ish, bike for about 25-30 minutes which usually measures about 7-8 miles-ish, and then finish with another mile-ish just walking on the treadmill. 

my first motivation is just to feel better about myself, period.  my second motivation is the {100 mile challenge} being promoted right now by live healthy lynchburg.  essentially, the intention is to get people active with the challenge being to run/walk 100 miles between july 1 and september 30.  i joined the liberty university team, so we'll see how we do as a whole (and if i make it!).

now for the fun part.  what's on the playlist?  because i had zero music on my iphone prior to joining the gym, i just used a couple gift cards that have been collecting dust on my desk and downloaded a few songs.  since i didn't think too much about it, share some song suggestions with me, please!  what songs keep you motivated during your workouts?  here's my list so far (don't judge, please!):
  • glamorous {fergie}
  • sexyback  {justin timberlake & timbaland}
  • this is why i'm hot  {mims}
  • airplanes  {b.o.b & hayley williams of paramore}
  • back in time  {pitbull}
  • dirt off your shoulder  {jay-z}
  • dirt road anthem  {jason aldean}
  • empire state of mind {jaz-z & alicia keys}
  • perfect  {pink}
  • i know you want me  {pitbull}
  • lose yourself  {eminem}
  • love the way you lie  {eminem}
  • not afraid  {eminem}
  • are you judging me yet?  i figured three eminem songs in a row probably would instigate your judgments}
  • the river  {good charlotte}
  • sober  {pink}
  • wannabe  {spice girls}

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO proud of you for joining the gym and working out :) And I love your playlist!!

    ReplyDelete