Thursday, July 19, 2012

his kindness and forgiveness

i recently started a bible study with a couple of the girls.  i am really excited to spend the remainder of this summer studying with them and growing together as we study god's word.  {i need to make another post maybe later this weekend to introduce this study.}

this past week, one of the thoughts of scripture that was reiterated was that it is god's kindness that leads us to repentance.  it isn't guilt or his anger or his disappointment, but his kindness.  romans 2:4 speaks of this truth, "or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that god's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?"

after discussing this with the girls last night, i was awestruck when i laid down to sleep, turned on pandora to help me sleep and this is the first song that plays:

{your kindness leads me to repentance.  your goodness draws me to your side.  your mercy calls me to be like you.  your favor is my delight.  everyday i've awaken my praise and poured out a song from my heart.  you are good, you are good.  you are good and your mercy is forever.}

what a neat reminder and confirmation of his goodness and his kindness right before falling asleep.  how has god shown you his kindness and his goodness in your life?

{now, i know you'll probably be amazed to find out that it is a song sung by kari jobe.  i know, another one that i've posted.  i can't help it.  the lyrics demand my heart's response.  i've considered going ahead and buying one of her cd's this weekend.  crazy, huh?  i can't remember the last time i've bought a cd.  then you probably should watch out cause then you will really be hearing lots more of her from me!}


No comments:

Post a Comment