Thursday, October 03, 2013

run, randa, run

there has been an upgrade, folks.  0.0 to 4.0

i am running now.  on real ground.  not a treadmill.  i am slowly starting to enjoy it, too, but it is a slow very slow process.

for years i went to races and cheered on my runner friends, never thinking i would ever join the race.  well, with the encouragement from a few friends, i did it.  i ran a race.  i ran the virginia 4-miler

apparently here is the official result (which differs from the original placement that was posted, which had me bumped up about forty places...lame).  i have some work to do to get faster.  next year, folks!

fun fact:  about ten strides into the run, my pants were falling down.  so picture me holding onto my pants for the next four miles.  yeah, that was fun.  truthfully and thankfully, i didn't seem to notice all the much once we really got moving.  and then by the end, my tank top was slightly starting to unravel.  talk about wardrobe malfunction.  next year will be better!

you know what was better than the pretty, shiny finisher medal at the end?  my cheering crowd.  i. have. the. best. friends.



i am signed up for the turkey trot.  come run with me!

1 comment: