Monday, April 18, 2011

a few pages turned


first selection from the list:  gone with the wind.  while i have watched and adored the movie, i have not actually made my way through the 1,024 page novel.  1,024 pages?!?!  choosing to read one of the largest from the list first may or may not prove to be a wise choice, but only time will tell.  it is rather interesting, actually, reading about how different life was.  plus, i enjoy the hints of history.  i'm enjoying it and have found it difficult to put it down at night.  650 pages complete and a few more to go...

a quote from the book that makes me smile, "dancing earrings always attracted a man and gave a girl such a spirited air."  it's really the second portion of that quote that makes me think, "so true!"  there is just something fun and exciting about dangling earrings.  hey, it's the small things in life, right?

1 comment:

  1. I commented on this earlier but I don't think it worked... Just remember - Kristi still has to read Gone with the Wind! I know this isn't a competition but... still. ;)

    ReplyDelete